Thursday, December 11, 2014

Homeschooling and Illness

Ah, yes, winter time so often brings with it illness.



Me, I'm so far doing okay *knockonwood*, but I have some glands that are definitely swollen and painful and I've been needing more sleep than usual. And I've been really, really enjoying orange juice!

My 17-year old, on the other hand, is on day 5 of being feverish and just feeling crummy. She put on a movie, I sat on the sofa with her while I watched the movie and took care of some things on my laptop and she ended up laying down with her head on my lap. That was well over an hour ago. My son had done his guitar practice before lunch, I let him play on the computer a while, then the plan was to have him get off and then we would work on some other things together. But this child of mine--even though she's 17--is asleep on me. And I don't want to disturb her. So, while my son isn't sick, illness in the house is affecting both kids' school progress.

Has illness affected your homeschooling household so far this winter? And did you get the flu shot? Has it helped, did you get sick anyhow or have you been worse than usual?

No comments:

Post a Comment