Friday, June 10, 2011

Planting Seeds

The figurative kind. ;)

The 17yo didn't really have an idea of what he wanted to do for his birthday last week, so we ended up renting Gnomeo and Juliet. As it started, I said, "That's how the play actually starts!" "Really?" was the response from one or more.

Fortunately, we have a copy of Romeo and Juliet. I pulled it out and had a look at it. It stayed out--somewhat deliberately. ;D Dd picked it up yesterday and started reading it. We have not touched on Shakespeare since she was 6 or 7! She came to me with some questions about Juliet's age, because things didn't seem to be making sense--which led to looking at the wording again and making sense of it.

I had no clue that by watching Gnomeo and Juliet I would be planting a seed! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment